Thursday 23 May 2013

Birthday meal at TURTLE BAY!


Raspberry rum punch.


Curry goat Bussup shut with a side order of rice and peas.


Black tailored dungarees: eBay £16.99, White polo neck crop: random shop in Southampton, Heels: eBay, Belt: New look 

I'm really feeling this dungarees trend lately and the monocrome trend, so many trends are coming back different era's and I love it! Dungarees compliment all body shapes and can be dressed up or down, I also love this sandal mid heel trend. These shoes are so comfortable, I was surprised by this as I usually find heels with a platform more comfortable to walk in. But I was in these shoes all day for about 8 hours and felt fine, I am a size 6 and I purchased a size 6. I prefer shows that fit perfectly rather than a shoe which is slightly bigger than your size.

I went to Turtle Bay on the actual day of my birthday, this was my first time going there and oh my gosh!  The food is literally amazing! The restaurant is a Caribbean themed restaurant that currently has 3 branches in the UK, I went to the one in Southampton, however their other branches are in Milton Keynes, Nottingham and one in Bristol which is opening soon. As you can see above, I decided to have the raspberry rum punch (cocktails are two-for-one between selected times) and the curry goat bussup shut with a side order of rice and peas. This food reminded me of my grandma's cooking, the curry was fairly spicy but manageable, the goat was succulent and fell apart. Curry goat is a traditional Caribbean dish which is fairly complex to make, however my grandma's have taught me to make this dish and I may have a blog post on how to make it fairly soon. The cocktails are silent killers (lol well the one I had was), they taste great and hardly taste of alcohol hence why I could have drank a number of these without realising they had alcohol in them. I strongly recommend this restaurant for great service, great food and great prices.


My birthday cake was a giant jam sponge cupcake that was bought out to me at the restaurant, aw I love my girls so much. They made my birthday so special and I am so blessed to have them.

Hope you enjoyed this post.

Chat soon

:) x

2 comments:

  1. Those dungarees look great on you! And I too usually find platform heels easier to walk in - it's a rare opportunity to find non-platform heels comfortable! x

    www.kristianavasarina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! And i know right, guess I was lucky to find these lol. Thank you for your comment x

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I always try and reply to every comment, I love all my followers and will follow back if I am not already. Hope you are all well xox